BigHand offers technology solutions for busy legal professionals that provide data and insights to increase value and profits. Through technology, insight and experience, we deliver success for our clients future. We enable our clients to give their customers a better experience while empowering their people to be their best.
We make big happen for our customers.
In Lebanon, we partner with Digitus Consultants who enable us secure top talent across Lebanon. Joining the BigHand team via Digitus will mean joining a values-driven business, we have these at the centre of everything we do. Our BigHanders are dedicated to building a culture where we win together, we learn, we give back, we believe in each other and we find the fun. We are proud to have ranked in Great Places to Work top 50 “UK’s Best Workplaces” list for 6 years.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled and motivated QA Analyst to join one of our Scrum Teams. As a QA Analyst, Grade IV, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our products by covering functional and non-functional requirements during testing. You will mentor and guide less experienced team members on the product and the best testing practices. You will develop test plans, coordinate releases, and identify areas for improvements of existing testing processes. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a comprehensive understanding of testing methodologies and continuous self-learning are essential for success in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the BigHand Scrum process and actively contribute to all Agile practices.
- Participate in various meetings such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, retrospective, and root cause analysis and contribute to the team’s decisions.
- Become a key member of the development team by validating sprint work and release candidates.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the product.
- Create and implement test plans. Contribute to the test strategy.
- Identify potential risks and challenges at all stages of the SDLC.
- Use Test design techniques to create comprehensive test cases for complex requirements.
- Collaborate with Product owners, developers, and Manual and Auto QAs to achieve the best test coverage via the utilisation of manual and automation testing.
• Perform all types of manual testing: Functional and Non-functional, against desktop apps, websites, REST APIs and backend services.
- Own environments deployment for the test execution.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively. collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Mentor and support less experienced QA team members on the product and the best testing practices.
- Conduct investigations to gather additional information and localise bugs. Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Communicate updates and escalations proactively and in a timely manner to your team and appropriate stakeholders.
- Continually improve knowledge of functionality, testing techniques and tools.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with testing desktop, web, and mobile applications.
- Experience with testing backend services and APIs.
- Experience with testing DB. A good understanding of one or more querying languages, such as SQL.
- Experience with configuring and using virtual machines and setting up backends would be beneficial.
- Experience with Cloud would be beneficial.
- Experience with working with CI/CD pipelines.
- A basic understanding of programming languages like C# due to the technical nature of the role.
- Strong experience in working with complex requirements and systems.
- Strong experience with executing functional testing and non-functional testing.
- Excellent knowledge of test methodologies. This includes knowledge of different types of testing, test pyramid and different testing tools.
- Excellent knowledge of test design techniques and the ability to create comprehensive test cases by applying design techniques.
- Understanding and experience in using Automated Testing tools would be a great advantage.
- Strong experience in defect management and defect tracking. Experience with bugs investigation and localisation.
- Experience with creating and implementing test plans. Ability to contribute to the development of test strategy.
- A good understanding of QA metrics and their purpose. Ability to identify actions to improve the metrics.
- Ability to identify dependencies and risks at all stages of the SDLC.
- Ability to identify methods to improve test processes and to drive implementation of the changes.
- Good knowledge of agile frameworks including SCRUM and Kanban.
- Ability to provide reasonable test estimates.
- Ability to communicate own ideas to other teams.
- Ability to articulate technical issues.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to continuously learn.
What we offer (via Digitus)
- 15 days holiday per year + 3 extra BigHand days off between Christmas & New Year every year
- Various wellbeing benefits including medical insurance, wellbeing leave and Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- Company-wide Wellness day, for our teams all across the globe to switch off and spend the day doing something to nourish their mental health.
- Opportunities to give back with company volunteer events and individual volunteer days.
- Family benefits including enhanced maternity leave, paternity leave and marriage leave.
- Career growth opportunities and study leave options.
- Growing business with a global presence, growing Lebanon team and a brand new office coming soon (for those who would prefer hybrid-working)!
Our DEI Commitment
We welcome the unique value and individuality that you can bring to BigHand. We are dedicated to recruiting solely based on capability and potential regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, military status or physical ability. Our BigHanders are dedicated to advancing our culture of belonging by embracing differing viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.