BigHand offers technology solutions for busy legal professionals that provide data and insights to increase value and profits. Through technology, insight and experience, we deliver success for our clients future. We enable our clients to give their customers a better experience while empowering their people to be their best.
We make big happen for our customers.
We are a business driven by our values and have these at the centre of everything we do. Our BigHanders are dedicated to building a culture where we win together, we learn, we give back, we believe in each other and we find the fun. We are proud to have ranked in Great Places to Work top 50 “UK’s Best Workplaces” list for 6 years running.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled and motivated SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join one of our Scrum Teams. As an SDET you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our components with a focus on automation for effective testing of functional and non-functional requirements. You will collaborate with team members to design and implement comprehensive testing coverage on all levels: Component, Component Integration and E2E.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive automation testing strategy for our product.
- Develop and implement Component, Component Integration and E2E tests using C# and other relevant programming languages.
- Execute functional, performance, security, integration and other non-functional testing.
- Establish and maintain automated testing frameworks, tools and testing environments, enabling continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Recommend strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes.
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure testability, reliability, and scalability of BigHand products.
- Understand BigHand Scrum process and actively contribute to all Agile practices.
- Collaborate with developers, Product owners and other QAs to design automated tests.
- Communicate updates and escalations proactively and in a timely manner to your team and appropriate stakeholders. Provides suitable reasoning/recommendations.
- Coach and mentor less experienced QA team members on writing high quality Automation Tests.
- Collect and analyse metrics on the testing processes and automation. Adjust and continuously improve the measurement process to align with organizational goals and to drive improvements.
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for replication of defects found while executing tests.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in technology and testing methodologies, and proactively apply learnings to improve our testing processes.
What we’re looking for
- Strong understanding of automation frameworks, tools and technology (e.g., SpecFlow, Selenium, Cucumber).
- Demonstrable experience of writing automated Component, Component Integration and E2E tests from scratch.
- Strong experience in C#, .NET.
- Strong experience testing backend systems and API testing using RestSharp.
- Strong understanding of BDD, Test Design patterns and principles.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools – Azure DevOps is an advantage.
- Experience with creating mocks and stubs.
- Ability to provide reasonable and accurate test estimates.
- Experience in coaching less experienced automation QAs.
- Ability to contribute to the development of project test strategy.
- Ability to identify tasks, dependencies or risks during backlog grooming/planning
- Ability to communicate own ideas to the team.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to continuously improve both individually, and as a team.
- Experience with performance testing frameworks (e.g., Gatling).
- Familiarity with SAST and DAST security testing, and with security frameworks such as OWASP.
- Experience with Cloud (Azure) would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience of manual testing and identifying relevant test scenarios.
- Good understanding of metrics and test reporting.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday (exc. bank holidays) + 3 BigHand days off between Christmas & New Year.
- Various wellbeing benefits including private medical, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- Company-wide Wellness day, for our teams all across the globe to switch off and spend the day doing something to nourish their mental health.
- Opportunities to give back with company volunteer events and individual volunteer days.
- Career growth opportunities and study leave allowance.
- Family benefits including enhanced parental leave, secondary caregiver leave and fertility support.
- Financial benefits including pension scheme, life assurance, and salary sacrificing
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Tech Scheme.
- Growing business with a global presence, flexible working, modern offices, and remote work options.
Our DEI Commitment
We welcome the unique value and individuality that you can bring to BigHand. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to recruiting solely based on capability and potential regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, military status or physical ability. Our BigHanders are dedicated to advancing our culture of belonging by embracing differing viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.