BigHand offers technology solutions for busy legal professionals that provide data and insights to increase value and profits. Through technology, insight and experience, we deliver success for our clients future. We enable our clients to give their customers a better experience while empowering their people to be their best.
We make big happen for our customers.
In Lebanon, we partner with Digitus Consultants who enable us secure top talent across Lebanon. Joining the BigHand team via Digitus will mean joining a values-driven business, we have these at the centre of everything we do. Our BigHanders are dedicated to building a culture where we win together, we learn, we give back, we believe in each other and we find the fun. We are proud to have ranked in Great Places to Work top 50 “UK’s Best Workplaces” list for 6 years.
What you’ll do
- Oversee and execute maintenance activities for one of our .NET applications.
- Resolve bugs and ensure optimal application performance and customer satisfaction.
- Work with other team members to diagnose and resolve complex application issues.
- Implement best practices in code engineering and design.
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring adherence to best practices and high-quality standards.
- Support SQL Server database issues related to our application, including troubleshooting bugs, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Participate in agile ceremonies, ensuring that maintenance and support tasks align with sprint goals and objectives.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in application support, maintenance, or development roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x, WCF, and WPF.
- Strong expertise in SQL Server, including schema design, optimization, and query performance tuning.
- Knowledge in PRISM, Unity Container is a plus.
- Knowledge in Angular, Typescript, HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Excellent ability to read and understand existing code bases, identify issues and solve problems.
- Deep understanding of code engineering practices and design principles.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What we offer (via Digitus)
- 15 days holiday per year + 3 extra BigHand days off between Christmas & New Year every year
- Various wellbeing benefits including medical insurance, wellbeing leave and Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Company-wide Wellness day, for our teams all across the globe to switch off and spend the day doing something to nourish their mental health
- Opportunities to give back with company volunteer events and individual volunteer days
- Family benefits including enhanced maternity leave, paternity leave and marriage leave
- Career growth opportunities and study leave options
- Remote-working arrangement
- Growing business with a global presence, growing Lebanon team and a brand new office coming soon (for those who would prefer hybrid-working)!
Our DEI Commitment
We welcome the unique value and individuality that you can bring to BigHand. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to recruiting solely based on capability and potential regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, military status or physical ability. Our BigHanders are dedicated to advancing our culture of belonging by embracing differing viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.