BigHand offers technology solutions for busy legal professionals that provide data and insights to increase value and profits. Through technology, insight and experience, we deliver success for our clients future. We enable our clients to give their customers a better experience while empowering their people to be their best.
We make big happen for our customers.
We are a business driven by our values and have these at the centre of everything we do. Our BigHanders are dedicated to building a culture where we win together, we learn, we give back, we believe in each other and we find the fun. We are proud to have ranked in Great Places to Work top 50 “UK’s Best Workplaces” list for 6 years.
About the role
As a Team Lead Developer, you’ll lead a Scrum team in design and development of new and existing BigHand products. As part of a high performing Agile team, you will be hands-on whilst leading the team to continuously deliver new Products or features. Quality is key for BigHand, and you will need to take personal pride in writing clean, testable code that your team is proud of.
The successful developer will have good communication ability, ability to lead a team technically along with hands-on knowledge of the technologies we use.
What you’ll do
- You will mentor a small number of developers.
- You will develop new software products and services.
- You’ll maintain and enhance the existing BigHand products and services.
- Act as the technical lead on projects, providing technical and design guidance to the team and ensuring that the work they do is in line with architectural vision and department standards.
- Architectural and design input to our applications.
- Ensure that the teams follow the department processes i.e. code reviews and merging .
- Provide Agile process guidance and drive teams to continuously improve.
- Develops their skill and competence in both the products and technology.
- A commitment to learning and sharing knowledge .
- Mentor/support and develop fellow team members.
- Foster a collaborative environment and a team first approach.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Good Knowledge of the Scrum framework and the value of Scrum.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build and motivate a team, creating a productive happy team environment.
- Self-motivated and quick learner;
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to develop own knowledge
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems
- C# .NET
- Object-Oriented design and SOA.
- Web Services (WCF, RESTful).
- MVC, HTML5, JQuery, Bootstrap.
- T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud Services.
- Unit testing, Test Driven Development, Mocking.
Desirable Skills but not essential:
- Experience of Agile working e.g. Scrum, XP.
- Angular2, React.
- Entity Framework.
- NUnit, Moq.
- WPF, WinForms.
- Reporting; ETL, OLAP.
- Software security practices.
- Mobile application development.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday (exc. bank holidays) + 3 BigHand days off between Christmas & New Year
- Various wellbeing benefits including private medical, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Company-wide Wellness day, for our teams all across the globe to switch off and spend the day doing something to nourish their mental health
- Opportunities to give back with company volunteer events and individual volunteer days
- Career growth opportunities and study leave allowance
- Family benefits including enhanced parental leave, secondary caregiver leave and fertility support
- Financial benefits including pension scheme, life assurance, and salary sacrificing
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Tech Scheme
- Growing business with a global presence, flexible working, modern offices, and remote work options
Our DEI Commitment
We welcome the unique value and individuality that you can bring to BigHand. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to recruiting solely based on capability and potential regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, military status or physical ability. Our BigHanders are dedicated to advancing our culture of belonging by embracing differing viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.